Rarely Discussed Details About Limit Switches
Have you seen limit switches? This equipment mainly helps to detect an object. In this blog, we’ll discuss some of the benefits of these switches.
Proven Benefits of a Limit Switch
Experts will agree that a limit switch has multiple benefits. Here is a summary of some of the advantages that you need to know.
- Consumes less energy: unknown to most people, a limit switch does not need too much power. This fact makes it energy efficient.
- Capable of controlling loads: interestingly, a limit switch can control numerous loads. As a result, you don’t need to spend too much money buying multiple limit switches for load operation controlling purposes.
- Establishes connection: a limit switch can establish an electrical connection, when an object comes in contact with it.
- Breaks electrical connection: similarly, this equipment breaks the power connection when an object comes in contact with it. Please note that for it to break the electrical connection, the target must make direct contact with it.
How to Identify a Genuine Limit Switch Dealer
Most buyers have difficulty distinguishing crooks from genuine limit switches dealers. Rest easy, as we’ve gathered a few helpful tips for you.
- License: a real dealer needs to have a business permit from the relevant government agency. Please note that government agencies do not give business permits to quacks.
- Quality mark: every country has a government agency in charge of enforcing quality standards. Therefore, you need to check whether the switch has this mark. If it doesn’t, it implies that the product is counterfeit.
- Seal: shoppers need to check whether the limit switches have seals when buying them. These days, manufacturers seal these products to enhance confidence in their products. If the limit switch package has no seal do not accept the equipment.
- Consider online dealers: online shopping dealers have proven to be much more trustworthy. However, you should conduct research a bit about the seller before you buy their products.
- Receipt: real limit switch dealers have no problem issuing official receipts, whenever you buy from them. On the contrary, crooks do not give these, as they sell counterfeit or stolen products. Therefore, buyers should demand an official receipt whenever they purchase this equipment.
- Go through customer reviews: buyers should go through customer reviews and ratings before choosing a limit switch dealer. Kindly avoid any dealer with terrible ratings on product quality.
How to Identify a Genuine Limit Switch
Hundreds of unsuspecting buyers have bought fake limit switches. Therefore, we’ll highlight a few tips on how to identify a certified limit switch.
- Standardization mark: a buyer needs to check the mark of quality before buying a limit switch. Please do not purchase any limit switch without this mark as it could be counterfeit.
- Manufacturer logo: most limit switch manufacturers imprint their logo on the package. For this reason, one can quickly tell whether a given limit switch is genuine or otherwise.
- Features: secondly, it’s advisable that you equally check the features of the equipment. It won’t hurt to first research online. This strategy will help you avoid making a regrettable mistake.
- Quality: a limit switch passes the quality standards. Therefore, if past customers gave wanting ratings on the quality, you shouldn’t consider that dealer. Please only buy a limit switches with
- Frail packaging: it’s advisable that you equally check the packaging. Please avoid any limit switch with a flimsy package. Additionally, one should consider a product whose package is sealed only, lest you fall victim to a fake product.
The beauty of buying a limit switch is that you can quickly claim a refund or exchange. On the flip side, if you buy it from a store, you may not get value for your money.
Types of Limit Switches
At the moment, we have two types of limit switches. These are:
- Push limit switches
- Lever-type limit switches.
Finally, we can all agree that limit switches have made life much easier for us all. Usually, this unit breaks or allows electrical connection whenever an object gets in contact with the actuator. Kindly buy this product from a genuine dealer near you.