The Basics Of Behavioural Retargeting & Remarketing Services
Behavioural retargeting is the latest innovation in the online marketing landscape and it provides a host of benefits to businesses from a wide range of domains. However, there is still a lack of clear knowledge about the field and its use in remarketing strategies. If you are a business owner or a marketer, this short article will give you a basic understanding of behavioural retargeting and how it works wonders for businesses looking for increased sales, customer retention and brand awareness.
As its name implies, behavioural retargeting is the process of re-targeting and re-engaging customers who have moved on from your business by analysing their digital behaviour using cookies and device-based data. This is done on the basis of the behaviour customers exhibited while they were browsing your website or engaging with any of your online marketing campaigns, and the current market/customer trends prevalent in your niche industry. For the right amount of money and expertise, remarketing has a proven track record of converting prospects back to customers. While there are major players in the retargeting/remarketing marketspace, Google Ads has emerged as a dominant force. So, this article will focus only on the Google AdWords retargeting/remarketing space.
Remarketing services by behavioural retargeting is reliant on two main factors:
Tags are custom-created segments of your target customer base that helps identify when and where the customer abandoned your site. By identifying the action that led to this abandonment, you can understand the potential customer motivations and ideologies behind their action. This can provide significant insights to re-engage your customer for maximum conversions.
Considered as an essential part of our digital lives, cookies are small text files that are stored on the user’s device (often a browser and/or mobile app). Cookies enable websites to remember a user’s actions and preferences over time while providing valuable data on the way your website is being used. This data is used by marketers to create a profile about the user’s preferences and habits, which will then be used to create a personalised advert for them.
A good remarketing agency can help you create the most effective approach, given the right technology and platform.
While creating a remarketing campaign based on behavioural retargeting, there are some points that you need to keep in mind. They are as follows
- While creating a remarketing campaign based on behavioural retargeting, there are some points that you need to keep in mind. They are as follows
- Remarketing needs a sufficient amount of traffic and customer data to shine. So, it is important to diversify your marketing approach to maximise customer data.
- Timing is important for remarketing since some leads will be unresponsive if they aren’t contacted within a specific time window.
- However, it is also important to not be aggressive as targeting customers immediately after abandonment might lead to annoyance and/or rejection.
- Remarketing services should be direct and targeted to only include select locations and audience categories that will be relevant to your business. It would make sense to target customers that spend the most on your products/services.
- A poor remarketing campaign may have a negative impact on brand and the conversion rate.
- Your remarketing ads should be changed frequently to maintain user interest and relevancy.
- Don’t forget about the ads’ CTAs. If a remarketing ad does not have a good CTA, it needs to be replaced or revamped.
If your remarketing campaign can abide by these points, it will be highly effective in generating more leads. Businesses can bypass all these hassles by partnering with a good remarketing agency that provides excellent remarketing services. Google remarketing agencies like Blurn can ensure that all the above points are kept in mind and maximise the efficiency of the campaign to convert more leads into customers.
Benefits of Behavioural Retargeting
By using behavioural retargeting, your business will be able to gain a whole lot of benefits that will make your business stand out from the rest of the crowd. Some of the most important benefits are as follows
- Increased Conversions: A well-designed and managed retargeting/remarketing campaign can help your business in getting a huge spike in conversions and increase your sales considerably.
- Increased Customer Loyalty: Retargeting helps the customers to stay loyal and come back for more. With regular remarketing campaigns, your customers will be reminded of your business constantly.
- Improved Customer Engagement: Like all remarketing services, behavioural retargeting also improves your business’ responsiveness and engagement. Businesses can use remarketing to increase customer engagement by interacting with them regularly with new offers.
- Brand Exposure: By combining retargeting with other marketing initiatives, your business can reach more potential customers and convert more efficiently.
- Increased ROI: Since behavioural retargeting/remarketing services focus on converting prospects into customers, they increase the ROI of your marketing campaigns.
- Decreased Marketing Costs: As behavioural retargeting is directed at converting prospects who are familiar with your brand, it won’t need as much marketing effort or budget as other marketing initiatives.
With these benefits, it is clear that behavioural retargeting/remarketing services are ideal to build brand awareness, to re-engage existing customers, and to create a new customer relationship. So, it is important for your business to capitalise on it.
From this short article, it is clear that behavioural retargeting and remarketing services, when done right, can give a huge boost to businesses in all industries. However, it is important for you, as a business owner or a marketer, to partner with a reputable digital agency that has experience with behavioural retargeting and remarketing services. This will ensure that you get the most out of your campaign and increase your ROI.
Blurn.com/au/, is one such agency that can give you the best of behavioural retargeting and remarketing services. Contact them for more information on how they can help you boost your business to the next level.